Bookworm helps its clients achieve their business and financial objectives by providing timely, cost effective and comprehensive bookkeeping services, both onsite and offsite.
The company is a sole proprietorship whose principal, Kim Churchill, has over 20 years of progressive accounting and bookkeeping experience in the private sector.
Bookworm can take the worry out of tracking cash flow, timely bill payment and remittances, budget preparation, profit & loss statements and accountant reporting.
Ms. Churchill started the business in the fall of 2005 after obtaining a BA from the University of Ottawa and a bookkeeping certificate from Algonquin College in Ottawa. She has practical experience in the many aspects of office management.
Her diverse clientele ranges from individuals to small businesses throughout the greater Ottawa area. If you would like relief from the paperwork associated with running a business, Bookworm can help.
- Invoicing: preparing and mailing
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Bank Deposits
- GST and PST returns
- Bank Reconciliation
- Payroll Services including paycheques, ROE and T4 preparation
- WSIB remittances
- EHT remittances
- Assistance with organizing and filing
- Preparing year end books for accountants
- Client Mailings (newsletters, etc)
- Promotional and marketing support services
- Word Processing
Bookworm uses Simply Accounting, QuickBooks, EasyPay, Lightspeed and PC Law accounting software.
WHY HIRE A BOOKKEEPER?
- You are having trouble determining what software to use
- Entering daily transactions is a low priority, as your time is limited
- Balancing your books is a challenge
- You can not get an accurate listing of your accounts payable and receivable
- Payroll is getting more complicated
- Dealing with government agencies regarding payroll, GST, EHT and HST is not top on your list
- Uncertain how to complete year end government forms (EHT, WSIB, T4 summaries, etc.)
- Not sure how to enter capital purchases and leases
- You dread preparing year end information that the accountant requires for tax purposes
- You have trouble meeting remittance deadlines
Bookworm provides its services to a range of clients in a variety of fields. Our services are geared toward entrepreneurs and small to medium sized businesses. Examples of our clientele include companies in real estate, transportation, construction, and consulting.
We will go to your place of business to maintain your books, or you can bring the relevant documents to our office. We can work via remote access, exchanging documents online, by regular mail or by fax. The choice is yours and depending on your needs, any combination of the three can be used at different times.
Working arrangements will be customized to each client’s specific requirement. We will come up with a service plan to suit your business needs. Bookworm also offers flexible billing arrangements.
The cost of using your car for business travel is a valid expense to claim at tax time. So keep a notebook in your car to write down start mileage and where you are going. If you forget, internet map resources like Google Maps are good resources to calculate mileage.